Last Updated January 31, 2023
This policy does not apply to information collected by any third-party including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or through the Website.
The Types of Information We Collect and How We Collect It
When you access our Website or our services the following types of information may be collected. By providing information to us or accessing our services, you consent to such collection and the terms of this Policy as set forth herein.
- Personal Information
Personal Information constitutes information by which you may be personally identified such as name, postal address, email address, telephone number, social security number or other government-issued identification number, date of birth, gender, job title, employment history, transactional information including services purchased and payment information, tax identification number, and profile or account information such as username and password.
We do not collect financial information through our Website. Any financial information would only be collected when discussing terms of service and directly with our sales and implementation departments. If you see a request for financial information that purports to come from our Website, you should consider it unauthorized, and we request that you inform us immediately. Financial information collected through our sales and implementation departments may include banking information (direct deposit information), and other financial information related to payments for services or goods.
- Device and Online User Information
We use various technologies to collect and store information when you visit our Website such as browser type, operating system, location and the last websites visited. This may include using cookies or similar technologies to identify your browser or device. We also use these technologies to collect and store information when you interact with our Website.
- Business Information
Business information includes contact information (name, email, phone, address); organization information (company name, company type); and service information (services required, estimated start date). If you are an individual, some jurisdictions may consider this personal information.
- How We Collect Information
- Directly from you when you provide information through the Website, contact us, or request information from us;From your current or former employer who has provided personal information for the purpose of receiving services from us such as payroll processing, tax filing, time and attendance, and human resource management services such as a benefits processing; andAutomatically as you navigate through the Website. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies.
- Directly from you when you provide information through the Website, contact us, or request information from us;
- From your current or former employer who has provided personal information for the purpose of receiving services from us such as payroll processing, tax filing, time and attendance, and human resource management services such as a benefits processing; and
- Automatically as you navigate through the Website. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies.
How We Use Information
We may use information collected from you to:
- Provide our services to you including account and transaction management.
- Communicate with you about employment opportunities.
- Send you our newsletter to let you know of updates to our products and services.
- Compile anonymous statistical data and analysis for use internally or with third-parties.
- Increase the efficiency and operation of the Website.
- Improve the content and terms included in our service descriptions.
- Help develop our marketing plans.
- Monitor and analyze usage and trends.
- Notify you of updates to the Website.
- Offer new products, services and/or recommendations to you.
- Perform other business activities as needed.
- Resolve disputes and troubleshoot problems.
- Respond to product and customer service requests.
- Comply with any applicable law, regulation, or industry standard, and to investigate and prevent any illegal or fraudulent activity to protect our rights and those of our customers, users, trusted business partners and others.
How We Share Information
We do not share personal information with companies, organizations and individuals unless one of the following circumstances applies:
- With Your Consent
We will share personal information with companies, organizations or individuals outside our organization when we have your consent to do so.
- For External Processing
- For Legal Reasons
We will share personal information with companies, organizations or individuals outside our organization if we have a good-faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of the information is reasonably necessary to
- Meet any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request.
- Enforce applicable Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations.
- Detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues.
- Protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of Checkwriters, our customers, users or the public as required or permitted by law.
During Mergers and Acquisitions
- Third-Party Service Providers
We may share your information with third parties that perform services for us or on our behalf, including, data analysis, email delivery, hosting services, customer service and marketing assistance.
We are not responsible for the actions of third parties with whom you share personal or sensitive data, and we have no authority to manage or control third-party solicitations. If you no longer wish to receive correspondence, emails or other communications from third parties, you are responsible for contacting the third party directly.
Cookies and Web Beacons
We do not associate your names, account numbers, addresses or collect the same through the use of tracking technology. Most browsers are set to accept cookies by default. You can remove or reject cookies but be aware that such action could affect the availability and functionality of the Website.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, technical and administrative procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect. While we have taken reasonable steps to secure the personal information you provide to us, please be aware that despite our efforts, no security measures are perfect or impenetrable, and no method of data transmission can be guaranteed against any interception or other type of misuse. Any information disclosed online is vulnerable to interception and misuse by unauthorized parties. Therefore, we cannot guarantee complete security if you provide personal information.
Our Website is not intended for children under 16 years of age. No one under age 16 may provide any personal information to or on the Website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 16. If you are under 16, do not use or provide any information on this Website. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 16 we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 16, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information provided by an authorized user (employee/legal guardian) regarding minor dependents for the purpose of benefit enrollment shall be subject to the same security standards and requirements for all personal information as provided herein.
OPTIONS REGARDING YOUR INFORMATION
If you do not wish us to send you emails or communications, then you may opt-out by contacting us using the contact information provided below:
If you no longer wish to receive correspondence, emails or other communications from third parties, you are responsible for contacting the third party directly.
If you would like to change, modify or correct any information previously provided to us for marketing purposes, please contact us at the email address below. We will use commercially reasonable efforts to meet such requests. Customers seeking to change, modify or correct information provided to us in the course of receiving services, may log in and view/correct their information via their online user account or may contact their client support specialist for assistance.
California Civil Code Section 1798.83, also known as the “Shine The Light” law, permits our users who are California residents to request and obtain from us, once a year and free of charge, information about categories of personal information (if any) we disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes and the names and addresses of all third parties with which we shared personal information in the immediately preceding calendar year. If you would like to submit a request, you may contact us using the contact information below:
Nevada provides its residents with a limited right to opt-out of certain personal information sales. Residents who wish to exercise this sale opt-out rights may submit a request to this designated address: email@example.com However, please know we do not currently sell data triggering that statute’s opt-out requirements.
Information Retention and Disposal
We retain the information we collect no longer than reasonably necessary to fulfill the purposes for which we collect the information, for legitimate business reasons, and to comply with our legal obligations. Information is disposed of securely using appropriate physical or electronic means to destroy such information or render it unreadable.
Monitoring and Enforcement
This Policy is monitored for information quality and enforced by the Checkwriters Information Technology and Compliance Departments. Users are provided with a last updated date in the header of the document and the provisions of this Policy are reviewed at least annually, or more frequently as regulations or industry practices change.